At Oxbotica, we are on a mission to make the Earth move, safely and sustainably unleashing the benefits of self-driving technology to every person and every organisation on the planet. We are looking for a Software Engineer (Computing System) to join a dynamic and engaged group of people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds, all working together towards our goal of Universal Autonomy.
As the Software Engineer (Computing System) you will be accountable for:
– Writing, maintaining, updating and testing hardware device drivers and API / SDK
– Developing software to monitor hardware health (performance, system usage, fault detection)
– Ensuring computing system software has high efficiency and low latency.
– Identifying and evaluating new candidate hardware devices from new or existing suppliers
– Working with stakeholders across the company to understand requirements and provide tools to support vehicle commissioning, integration, synchronisation
What you need to succeed:
– Understanding of ARM and x86 platform
– Understanding of how to develop and debug performant C & C++ software
– A background with software development for embedded device drivers with multiple interfaces, such as PCIE, USB, Ethernet, CAN, GMSL2, I2C, UART
– A history with software development for service and API / SDK
– Ability to communicate and work well with multiple stakeholders across several teams
Extra kudos if you have:
– Exposure to both Linux and QNX
– Exposure to time synchronisation for robotics applications
– Exposure to optimising C & C++ code for low-powered devices
If we are lucky enough to work together you will enjoy:
Annual performance and salary review
Salary exchange pension scheme
Company Share Scheme
25 Days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays as long as you promise to come back
A flexible £3,000 personal benefit fund with core benefits including private medical insurance, critical illness cover; life assurance, EAP, group income protection, health cash and the option to tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs
Relocation support along with visa sponsorship if required
We create the conditions to help you do your best. We do all we can to create opportunities for everyone regardless of personal circumstances. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements including:
Extended parental leave
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday around core hours of 10:00 – 16:00. This is enough for most; but if you require any extra flexibility we will do what we can to support.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are on a journey to enable all vehicles to do more – we need unique people to get there.
Knowing that diversity drives innovation, brings different approaches, ideas and points of view, we embrace individuality & inclusion and are committed to an environment where everyone irrespective of background, can be the best they can be.
We celebrate building a culture where difference is valued. We are universal – Universal Autonomy.
Help us solve one of the world’s greatest engineering challenges by being yourself.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.