Req # 1039917
FCA US LLC, was formed in 2009 from a global strategic alliance with FIAT Group. The company produces vehicles and products under the Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram, FIAT, SRT, and Mopar® brands. The combined resources, technology, distribution technology, brands, engineering, and manufacturing allow us to compete on a global scale. Our alliance allows us to build on the culture of innovation first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925 and FIAT’s complimentary technology whose heritage dates back to 1899.
FCA takes great pride in fostering an inclusive work environment where employees can leverage strengths, experiences and perspectives. At FCA, we believe it is the diversity of talent and perspective that allows us to take a visionary approach, to strategically apply new technologies and forge ahead in our industry in innovation and performance.
• Full Time.
• Headquarters & Technology Center – Auburn Hills.
The Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Advanced Development Automated Driving (AD) Team is actively searching for talent to fill an open position with an individual possessing experience in applying ADAS/AD driving strategy/logic algorithms to address the adherence to or consideration of Policies and Norms within the functional behavior. A key skill will be identifying global government and industry organization requirements/policy enacted and under development. The selected candidate will be immersed in a hands-on role, working with state of the art technologies, in a field experiencing rapid year over year growth. This team and selected candidates are responsible for developing the architecture, associated system requirements, interfaces, system logic and failover/diagnostics/degradation to enable Highly Automated Driving functions at a level ready to be utilized as an “off the shelf” deployment into production vehicle platforms.
The candidate will be responsible for communicating and managing regional Automated Driving policy and norm catalogs/libraries. A form of these catalogs/libraries will need to be structured in such a way to be downloaded to AD enabled vehicles to assure that vehicles hold the most up to date requirements. The candidate must further possess proven leadership skills/ability to participate in and facilitate cross functional teams to accomplish desired feature objectives.
Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent from an AB
ET accredited program
5 years of experience in a related field
Knowledge of System Requirements Engineering related to ADAS/AD Controls inclusive of most of the following:
• Definition of Functional/Technical Objectives
• System Logic and Functional Partitioning Interfaces
• Failure/Safety/Security Analysis
• Requirements traceability through the V Model
• Experience in authoring System level requirements
• Experience with Government regulatory bodies and participation in Industry trade organizations
• Direct knowledge of existing Global policy and norms associated with Automated Driving
• Knowledge of Application LifeCycle Management tools such as codeBeamer, IBM Rational/Doors/Rhapsody, PTC Integrity, Polarion, or Enterprise Architect
• Strong interpersonal communication, team/leadership skills/experience.
• Master of Science/MBA degree from an ABET accredited university
• Knowledge of the design and architecture of safety-critical systems
• Experience in developing and implementing safety-critical requirements related to fault handling, state management, and system redundancy
• Knowledge of Control and Vehicle Dynamics Theory
• Experience with system function modeling and requirements capture utilizing SysML tools such as MagicDraw and PREEvision
• Experience in generating statement of work/scope documentation or responding to Request for Proposals/Quotes
• General working knowledge and previous exposure to ISO26262, SOTIF, and Cybersecurity
• Experience with automotive data recorder systems
• Working knowledge of Vector CAN tools/gateways (CANape, CANalyzer, or CANoe) for data collection and analysis
• Experience with driving vehicles at the edge of handling limits.
• Critical Character Traits to Ensure Success:
• Ability to think outside-the-box in high pressure situations
• Ability to multi-task
• Detail oriented problem-solver
• Self-confident/empowered to deliver on a daily basis
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently given minimal supervision/direction
• Ability to identify and solve potential developmental roadblocks and escalate to management
• Ability to work in a team environment and be both a team player and task leader
• Ability to request assistance from and likewise providing assistance to team members regardless if the topic is related to your assigned work set
• Passionate about ensuring the reliability of a safety critical system
• Respect and understanding of the Customer/Supplier relationship while embracing partnership
• Ability to present concepts/strategies/project status to leadership/large groups
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit www.candidatecare.com.