Website Autodyne LLC
Location: Principal location will be at MassRobotics in the Seaport District of Boston. Secondary locations are in Concord Massachusetts and Burlington Massachusetts.
Join a company and be a key part of the Engineering team that provides the hardware, software, and certification platform that brings AI to aviation applications and enables unmanned air vehicles to be used for transportation and other missions.
Autonodyne is a well-funded young company focused on becoming the kernel for unmanned aerial flight. With a world-wide perpetual software license in place with Avidyne that covers $100M in aviation technology IP, expertise in aviation system certification, and a growing customer set, Autonodyne will develop, and if desired by the customer, certify systems and software for civil and defense aircraft that operate without a traditional pilot. While there are many companies providing products and services to the growing UAS market, we already have all of the necessary building blocks and move at higher clock speeds than the competition and are unique in that we are also experts in national and international certification which allows these products to be flown anywhere. Autonodyne is located in Boston, Massachusetts (and has a presence in Concord MA, Burlington MA, Colorado Springs CO, and greater Los Angeles CA) and is looking for software engineers who are passionate about the UAS/UAV/Unmanned space. This position reports to the Vice President, Engineering.
As a Designer of user interfaces and system interactions, you will be responsible for incorporating the best elements of design methodology toward creating innovative and ground-breaking human-machine interfaces that enable new forms of airborne transportation. In a similar way that autonomous car manufacturers and designers are looking at different human-machine interface paradigms, your job will be to help create designs that allow the human and autonomous/semi-autonomous vehicle to actually form a relationship to work together to accomplish a flight.
You will work to integrate the AI software algorithms from the engineers with human-machine interfaces such that the human is no longer a traditional pilot or route follower. Your designs must act in concert with the rest of the aircraft systems and software in order to create an enhanced level of safety and human trust. We are trying to create a bond between the human and machine to enable that trust.
You will help bring an artistic and creative mind to an engineering-centric company to help create a much better way to manage and conduct a flight of a new generation of airborne vehicles with a focus on the emerging class of Urban Air Mobility missions.
You should also expect to interact directly with customers and assist in business development efforts.
We will be a focused team of engineers and designers principally based in the Boston area working on a number of rapid-paced, high-energy programs. In short, you will be at the center of making the products a reality.
- Analyze problem space and design requirements to determine the optimum human-machine interfaces to apply to autonomous or non-traditionally piloted aircraft
- Design next-generation human-machine interfaces for defense and civil flight applications
- Working with the rest of the Engineering team to create design iterations that are productizable
- Present the human-machine interface designs to various internal and external customers
- Run simulations, as necessary, to validate system design and human performance
- Support flight test, as required
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Expert in human-machine interface concepts
- Highly capable in sketch and visual image presentation
- Fluent in Photoshop, or equivalent tools
- Proficient in coding in Unity highly desired
- Comfortable in simulation environments
- Graphical-intensive coding methodology knowledge desire
- Computer gaming interests/experience is desired
- Science fiction genre interest desired
- Ability to work in small, tight-knit and agile teams essential
- An unstoppable drive to win
- Graduate of a design school, specializing in human-machine interfaces preferred or equivalent
- We are seeking an experienced designer with 5-15 years experience and a track record of working on fielded products
- Experience (or a very strong interest) in UAS/UAV/Unmanned systems, especially in the avionics domain is desired
- This position may involve travel to customer and non-customer sites principally in North America (10-20%) but global travel is also possible.
- Strongly prefer domicile near the Boston/Cambridge metro area but will consider non-local domicile – relocation to Boston area part of compensation package, if necessary
- US Citizenship required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com