Website Dataspeed Inc.
Dataspeed, a leader in the autonomous vehicle industry, blends the traditional automotive experience of Metro-Detroit with a Silicon Valley mentality. Fortune 500 companies trust our highly engineered vehicles to demo their self-driving algorithms. Top startups rely on us for driverless platforms to kickstart their development. And elite universities value our comprehensive knowledge to supply them with technology widely used in the autonomous field. Join the Dataspeed team in paving the way for a driverless future.
We have an immediate need for an Embedded Software Engineer based out of our Rochester Hills, Michigan headquarters. The ideal candidate will have:
- Design and develop C and C++ code for embedded microcontrollers used in automotive and robotic applications
- Create unit tests and assist with testing, debugging, and documentation
- Review hardware schematics
- Debug and prototype applications using Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Interact with clients to determine software specifications, communicate progress and status updates
- Participate in all phases of development (architecture, design, implementation, debug, validation & verification) of application software and firmware for embedded module production programs.
- Collaboratively lead in the architecting of solutions with other software engineers, the systems engineer, and hardware engineering teams.
- Support quoting new business opportunities with respect to software content.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to define the hardware/software interface in terms of microcontroller pin assignments, mixed signal processing algorithms, signal scaling/resolution/timing, and diagnostic fault condition algorithms.
- Mentor and train junior engineers
- Design, Develop, Test Low-level embedded software including device drivers for microcontroller peripherals: Ethernet, CAN, SPI, I2C, ADC, PWM, DMA
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline such as Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in programming primarily in C and C++
- Strong experience in developing software for microcontrollers and embedded systems
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Circuit-level testing and debugging using an oscilloscope and multimeter
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Circuit/Schematic design
- Distributed Version Control such as Git or Mercurial
Why work with us?
We’re a group of fun, motivated professionals who are dedicated to Making Mobile Easier.
Join our team in Metro-Detroit to help shape the autonomous vehicle industry.
- FSA and HSA spending accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Casual Attire
- Friday Lunches
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.